25 February 2017

Little Squares for a Little Baby

My evenings have recently been occupied by a ver cute and heartwarming little project. Just before Christmas one of my best friends let me know that she is expecting a baby. Of course, I immediately decided that I must make something for her and I started on a blanket. Earlier this year I made a silly purchase of three blue-ist and three pink-ish balls of yarn, not knowing what they will be good for but knowing I'll need a lot.



Since at first the gender of the new baby wasn't known, I started knitting squares from both colours. However my friend really fancied a boy, so as an act of moral support I was making more blue ones than pink ones.  More recently it turned out it really will be a boy! So now all that is left to do is wait. And knit and knit and knit :)

I look forward to spending more evenings in front of the telly or listening to music whilst knitting row after row of ripples that will eventually envelop a tiny baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...