15 December 2014

December Gardening with Queen of the Night

Gardening with a cup of tea - my type of gardening!

I have almost forgotten about these lovely dark tulip bulbs that I had in my gardening box. I have always wanted black tulips (even though I do know they are just dark purple) and they have just started sprouting, so I put them in the ground yesterday afternoon.

Sprouting Queen of the Night tulip bulbs

Queen of the Night are not the only bulbs that are sprouting in the garden. It seems strange, since it is not spring yet, but I guesss this is what the British weather does to plants.

Do you remember my graduation bouquet? I have a feeling it is waking up as well. I put the bulbs into the ground last February and they did not do much, but they are definitely growing now :)

"Mystery" bulb plants sprouting. We will see what they are in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...