03 March 2014

Thankful

I started this post about three times by now and I still cannot really express myself, so I think it might be the best just to say it factually. This morning, while we were all gone to work, the house that we live in was robbed. The whole ground floor was turned upside-down, inside-out, many valuable things taken. The only thing that separated us from all this is a few stairs and a door that we never lock. That's all. And yet, by some weird twist of fortune, they did not pay us a visit. My hands are still a bit shaky, but I feel really thankful and calm inside my head. There are many bad people in the world and they do bad things, but we were spared and that is truly something to be thankful for. So thank you, whoever you are, for watching over us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness why am I only seeing this now. I am so thankful that you are safe and well! ❤ It must be the worst feeling to know strangers have looking through your things and touching your belongings but goodness you were spared. So disgusted that things of value were taken - you have my love, so much of it. I hope they catch the buggers xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...