26 October 2013

Autumn Break

Today is the first day of my autumn break. After two months of teaching, I now have five days of holiday. Technically, the autumn break is only two days long, but together with a weekend and one day of bank holiday it’s a nice long break. My plan is to read, relax, eat well and sleep well and - as many other teachers - just be quiet. The all-day-long talking is a litle bit exhausting.

The day turned out to be a very warm one and after doing some random housekeeping, I set up a nice temporary “office” in the garden against the trunk of a Ginkgo biloba tree. As I drank my cup of Yorkshire Gold Tea (I had to take out a fallen leaf out of it now and then), unintentionally disturbed some ladybirds and marked biology tests of my year 6 students, I think I must have been the happiest and most satisfied teacher in the country.



I even felt warm enough to take my shoes off for a while and walk around barefoot. I came home energised and fresh like a happy hippie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...