17 August 2012

Christmas preparations

A friend told me that I am crazy just because I mentioned, that I already started writing a list of presents that I want to buy and making Christmas decorations for my shop. I do understand that it is the middle of summer and there are surely other things to do, but Etsians are already talking about the holiday season and making Christmas-themed items and as I know how busy I (and everyone) will be before Christmas and how the Czech post office has great trouble delivering packages in December, I thought it would be nice to have it all sorted by the end of November. My idea is that when everyone is rushing around complaining about having to buy presents, I will be going to various Christmas parties or sitting at home in my fluffy socks and sweaters sipping tea, making cards and baking deliciously smelling yummies. And then I will be the one tapping on my forehead and saying “You crazy person!” to them!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I started making some gifts already. The last thing I want to do is run around shopping at the last minute. I'll have enough stuff do do during the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Christmas is the time when we should be happily at home eating yummies and give presents to those whom we love and people turned it into a superconsumer holidays rushing around spending loads of money - I dont have the loads of money, so I think I will only benefit from doing it step by step over several months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite right! Much better to do your Christmas shopping/making gifts before December - then you get to relax and enjoy Christmas rather than rushing around getting stressed...!

    ReplyDelete

Hello you! Thank you for stopping by!

Every time I write a post it is like writing a letter to someone I might not yet know. Every comment I get is like getting a beautiful letter in my mail box. Please keep sending them, long or short, praise, advice, questions... Whatever they are they are always welcome (except for spam which is the unwelcome and will be destroyed by merciless deletion).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...